Thursday, July 28, 2011

Happy Two Year Anniversary!

On Monday July 25th, Susan and I celebrated another wonderful anniversary. This year wasn’t a glamorous trip or getaway. It was a simple and great day for our little family.  I’m happy to share a few of the details. I started my day at 6:15am, sitting in front of my garage, sipping coffee, and waiting on my in-laws to show up with the miter saw they rented from Home Depot. After their arrival, Susan, her parents, and I spent the next several hours installing baseboards, touching up paint, and preparing for baby.

At 12:15 I had run out of time with only a few boards to go. I went off to work, Susan went off to visit all of her friend’s newborns, the Rands went to feed old people, and the house rested. When Susan and I made it back home the Rands were already back to work. I helped for a moment or two but then I had to leave. Susan and I had a very important appointment. The base boards were just about done anyway, thanks Randy and Ginny.
At 5:30 Susan and enjoyed another ultrasound of our little girl. She is big! Well big in comparison to the little poppy seed we saw so many months ago. We watched Baby Seven Snodgrass Jr. the IV open and close her hand in front of her face. Then she tried to eat it. I was so excited watching I practically climbed into the monitor.  We later stopped by Susan’s parents to show them the DVD, again I nearly climbed into the TV.

At 7:00 my bride and I sat down for a nice dinner at Sol overlooking Newport harbor. We talked about the baby, our life together, how nice it would be to have a bottle of wine, and then headed back to our unfinished home. Regardless of the work in need all around us, Susan and I still found time for romance. On our first anniversary we created a Love Letter Wine Box. In this box we have a bottle of wine (we substituted sparkling cider this year), the champagne flutes my mother bought us for our wedding, and two sealed loved letters we wrote each other last year. We drank our fake champagne, read our letters, and exchanged gifts. (We were supposed to add new letters but we gave ourselves a week extension.) Susan had framed a couple of my favorite pictures of Mom and I to hang in our living room and I gave Susan a starter set of 5 different and simple post baby date nights (like a bag of microwave popcorn with a dollar taped to it for a Red Box night when baby is sleeping).   
But wait, there’s more. Susan and I finished our anniversary by staying up past midnight, touching up paint and listening to Frank Sinatra radio on Pandora. We’re so darn cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment