Tuesday, October 4, 2011

The Gifts Keep on Coming


In this picture you’ll see my daughter lying on a beautiful crocheted blanket. This gift is yet another emotional and loving present from Mom, Reagan’s Grandma Margaret. There was only a two-month window from when Mom learned of the upcoming addition to her list of grandchildren and when she entered the hospital. During that time Mom started on a baby blanket for grandchild number six. Unfortunately, Mom would never meet Reagan or finish this blanket . . . on her own.

Mom had a nice little start to the blanket and even had all the yarn delivered to her hospital bed. Nevertheless, the pain, the medication, and the overall fight against cancer kept her from continuing her work. It’s okay Mom, we took it from there.

If you look at the picture, the yellow square in the middle of the blanket was made by my mother’s loving hands. That would be as far as she could get. Elaine, a friend of Susan’s mom would help us complete this gift. The inner green border works to frame Mom’s original work so we’ll always know what she created. The yellow yarn on the outside is from the same roll my mom picked out for her baby’s first baby.  I’m sure this blanket will mean as much to Reagan as it does to me. Thanks Mom, I love you.

I would like to give a special thanks to Elaine. You helped complete a gift I (we) will cherish forever. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment