Saturday, June 25, 2011

Remembering My Mom

Surrounded by her children, my mother, Margaret Snodgrass, passed away Thursday morning. All family and friends are invited to attend a formal graveside service at Riverside National Cemetery (staging area 7) on Wednesday June 29th, at 1:15. Following the graveside service, you are also invited to a casual memorial service and picnic at Sylvan Park in Redlands CA, at 4:00 where anyone can share a reading, a poem, a song, a story, etc. Mom will supply all of the picnic fixins just as she would have wanted.
My mom and I have a very special relationship. She gave me unconditional love every day of my life and I only hope she knows I felt the same way. She was my greatest audience member and laughed at everything I said. She was the greatest listener and hung on every word. My mother taught me everything I needed to know about loving my children; I anxiously await my opportunity to show off what I’ve learned.  Thank you Mom.
This song was one of my Mom’s favorite and describes our relationship perfectly. We danced to this at my wedding.

No comments:

Post a Comment